Developed by FilmBath (previously Bath Film Festival) and now expanding across the UK, the F-Rating is a new film rating which highlights films made by and featuring women.
Any film that answers yes to one of these questions is awarded the F-Rating stamp of approval:
1. Does it have a female director?
2. Is it written by a woman?
If a film answers yes to BOTH these questions AND features significant female characters on screen in their own right, then it is awarded a TRIPLE F-Rating, our gold standard.
The aims of the F-Rating are:
1. To champion women in film and highlight the fantastic work they are doing.
2. To encourage conversation around who tells the stories we see on screen – and whether that matters.
3. To act like a Fairtrade stamp, giving the audience an opportunity to #VoteWithYourSeat, and support women in film.